Our promise is to ensure that all WorkBC services are accessible and tailored to meet the needs of job seekers in the North Okanagan. Some of the ways our centres support accessibility:
• Ground level, street access at all service delivery locations
• Wheelchair – accessible and gender inclusive washrooms
• Non-slip flooring, hand rails, lever door handles, tactile signage, directional signs, sit/stand work stations
• Assistive devices and software and virtual platforms
• Alternate service delivery channels including phone intakes, virtual/online appointments and workshops
• Translation and interpretive services
• Central locations accessible to all bus routes
• Open, bright building and offices spaces that are designed with quiet spaces for reduced sensory stimulation
• Hiring practices that support a diverse WorkBC staff team including a Disability Services Coordinator
Our full service WorkBC Centres are certified as Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certified.
Accessibility has be designed around our unique client needs. Should you have suggestions or feedback about the accessibility of our facilities, service channels, workshop materials etc. please contact our Client Services Manager or we welcome you to submit feedback anonymously using the email below.
Client Services Manager
250-545 2215 ext 243